Thursday, January 21, 2010

Digital Fortress by Dan Brown

This book was definitely a thriller and it made me want to keep reading throughout the course of the book. I love Dan Brown's writing style of switching to different character's narration and the suspense he creates after each chapter. I did have a little hunch that Trevor Strathmore was behind everything because he wanted to get closer to Susan but I never would have guessed that he was North Dakota and he hired Hulohot to kill Tankado and he was so selfish that he wanted to be able to unlock Digital Fortress to get closer to Susan.
I really enjoy books that just fly by because they're so intriguing and this is definitely one of those books. This was also a great book to read because you really didn't know what was going on until you got to the end of the book and pieced the puzzle together.

The Reader

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel,

    I have read The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. He definitely has a unique writing style. His mystery books keep the reader guessing until the last minute. When I read Angels and Demons I remember finishing the last 200 pages in one night because I just could not put the book down. So I totally know what you're talking about when you say his books fly by. I haven't heard of this book before but it sounds like any Dan Brown fan would enjoy it. I like when authors switch the character narration between because it gives a new perspective throughout the story. Jodi Picoult does that in many of her books and it always keeps the chapters moving quickly for the reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just started the Da Vinci Code and I'm really excited to read it. Everyone's been telling me how good of a book it was an I'm glad to see that you really enjoy his writing style. It makes me even more eager to read it. I also really like brain teasers and the fact that his books are really puzzling makes it even more interesting for me. Maybe after the Da Vinci Code I'll read Digital Fortress too.

    ReplyDelete