I actually picked this book out because I wanted a plot that was unique and I wanted to read something other than "Teen Drama". This was a book that many people had suggested.
Not only did it show a completely different family's take on life, it showed the astounding struggles, cries, laughs, temptations, joys, stubborn attitudes, dreams, anger, regrets and love the Walls' had and went through on their journey through life.
In addition, I was able to connect the Rex Walls (Jeannette's father) to my grandfather. Both had their stubborn attitude, the capability to be successful (but decided to use alcohol as an escape), the lack of responsibility, the rare quality of being fearless and not worrying about how other people view them; and despite their flaws and through it all, they both never lost hold of the tender, genuine love they show to others.
Reading the Glass Castle was truly a blessing and definitely recommend it.
Read it and be transformed,
The Reader
No comments:
Post a Comment