Thursday, November 5, 2009

First Quarter Blog Overview

Blogging has been a great way to reflect back on what I read and it's really important to stop at points in the book to understand what is going on. After looking back to my past blogs, I noticed that many of my observations dealt with things that I learned or took away after reading the book. I gave many scenarios in the book where I felt emotion and a majority of the comments had to do with picturing what it would be like to be in a character's position. I also included specific quotes and events in the book that were memorable and significant. In addition, I connected the book in some way to my life, or in a way that it could be applied to life.
For second quarter, I'd like to set reading goals as well as blogging goals. As far as reading goals, I need to make an effort to read a little more than I have been. This means aiming for around 50-60 pages a week and maybe a few challenging books. For blogging, I think I'm doing a pretty good job but I should vary my discussion topics a little more. Maybe I should talk more about the internal conflicts or troubles, etc.

The Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment